Derbyshire Trading Standards
Find out more about Derbyshire County Council Trading Standards
Derbyshire County Council Trading Standards aims to improve life for local
people by supporting business, helping consumers and tackling unfair and unsafe
trading practices. We aim to achieve this by:
- Working in partnership with Citizens Advice to help local people who have
a problem with something that they have bought.
- Working in partnership with other agencies and organisations to achieve our
- Advising and educating consumers, businesses, schools and other groups about
trading standards issues.
- Responding to complaints and enquiries from consumers and businesses.
- Ensuring compliance with Trading Standards legislation by education, advice,
inspection and investigation.
- Examining business practices to ensure that consumers are getting a fair
- Taking legal action against traders who neglect their legal responsibilities
or who deliberately set out to harm the interests of consumers or legitimate
- Being accessible and responsive.
- Being open, honest and consistent.
- Being committed to continuous improvement
You can also visit our website for more information.