Derbyshire Consumer Hub
Welcome to the Derbyshire Consumer Hub a partnership between the local Citizens Advice Bureaux and Trading Standards
Scamnesty 20th-31st May
Derbyshire County Council's Trading Standards are asking for people who receive scam letters/leaflets to take them in to their local library or CAB.
So if you have received a letter from someone you don't know asking for money up front to receive winnings of any kind, please hand it in.
Remember, if it seems too good to be true it probably is!
On these pages we have brought together information and advice that will help Derbyshire consumers to explore the various options available to them and explain their basic rights when purchasing goods or services.
We will also be alerting people to the known scams to look out for and be sharing some of the work we do via our case studies.
If you have a consumer problem now, please contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 08454 040506
or complete a web enquiry form:
Also, you call in at your local bureau.
- Chesterfield Citizens Advice Bureau
- Citizens Advice Amber Valley, Derbyshire Dales and Erewash
- Derby Citizens Advice & Law Centre
- High Peak Citizens Advice Bureau
- North East Derbyshire Citizens Advice Bureau
- South Derbyshire Citizens Advice Bureau
Whoever you are, whatever the problem, Citizens Advice Bureau:
- Provide the advice people need for the problems they face
- Improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives
- Our advice is free, independent, confidential and impartial
- We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination